DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
- DB2 10.5
- DB2 10.5 BLU Announcement and DB2 10.5 Connect Announcement
- DB2 10.5 Information Center
- DB2 editions: Which distributed edition of DB2 10.5 is right for you?
- Compare the distributed DB2 10.5 database servers
- Download free IBM DB2 Express-C
- Licensing distributed DB2 10.5 servers in a high availability (HA) environment
- DB2 and IBM’s Processor Value Unit pricing
- DB2 10.1
- Announcement IBM DB2 10.1 and IBM DB2 Connect 10.1 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Products and packages
- DB2 10.1 functions and editions and DB2 Connect 10.1 functions and editions
- What’s new in DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- A matter of time: Temporal data management in DB2 10
- DB2 10: Run Oracle applications on DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows: DB2 10 gives applications developed on Oracle a bear hug with PL/SQL support, and more
- DB2 9.8 - pureScale Feature for Enterprise Server Edition
- DB2 9.7
- Products and packages
- Features and functions on product base, e.g. which product include the compression feature
- Which distributed edition of DB2 9.7 is right for you?
- Compare the distributed DB2 9.7 database servers
- Licensing distributed DB2 9.7 servers in a high availability (HA) environment
- All versions
Documents [site property]
Latest posts for DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
SQL to determine automatic table maintenance Events (last modified 2014-03-13 by Gernot)
Automatic table maintenance work? When? How often? For which tables? These SQL queries will help to clarify questions of this kind. [crayon-53220454ed62e515479123/]
Job Scheduling on Windows - White Paper (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The purpose of the white paper is to compare mainframe-based and distributed-based job schedulers and to assess the readiness of Microsoft Windows-based job scheduling technology to manage workloads at the enterprise level. The paper can also help IT...
IBM DB2 Autonomics - A Practical Guide to DB2 Autonomic Features in SAP Environments (last modified 2014-02-13 by Gernot)
This excellent guide describes how autonomic features can help to make database administration as easy and low-cost as possible. The basis for the descriptions and recommendations in this paper is database version DB2 9.7. If there are comma...
General availability (GA) for IBM DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
General Availability (GA) of IBM DB2 software products: (link to annoucement if available): 26.03.2004: DB2 for z/OS V8 16.03.2007: DB2 for z/OS V9.1 22.10.2010: DB2 for z/OS V10.1 31.10.2007: DB2 for LUW V9.5 19.06.2009: DB2 for LUW V9....
End of service (EOS) date for DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
End of Service dates for IBM DB2 products: 30.06.2008: DB2 for OS/390 V7 30.09.2009: DB2 LUW V8.x EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 LUW V9.1 EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 for z/OS V8 30.04.2013: DB2 LUW V9.5 EoS 27.06.2014: DB2 for z/OS V9 30.09.2014: DB2 LU...
Avoiding Database REORG Operations in SAP Systems on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Version 10.1 (last modified 2013-11-21 by Gernot)
An excellent SAP document describes how to avoid database REORG operations in SAP Systems operating with DB2 10.1 LUW Techniacal environment: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and higher on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows (DB2 for LUW) version 10.1 or higher...
Neuer DB2 Newsletter 2013/02 (german) (last modified 2013-11-19 by Gernot)
For german speaking visitors: Ein neuer IBM DB2 Newsletter steht im Archiv! Themen: Was ist neu in DB2 10.5 for Linux/Unix/Windows, Command dbstart nach Übernahme, DB2 Abfrage Optimierung durch OPTIMIZATION GUIDELINES, DB2 Bind Files und Package ...
IBM is announcing the end of support of IBM DB2 9.5 products (last modified 2013-10-01 by Gernot)
IBM is announcing the end of support of selected IBM DB2 and IBM DB2 Connect™ products. Effective April 30, 2015, IBM will withdraw support for the following programs licensed under the IBM International Program License Agreement: [crayon-53220...
Comparison tools for DB2 databases (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Do you want to compare DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows databases, structures, contents or configurations. Or do you want to compare table data or structures with DB2 for z/OS? Here's list of products which could be useful: Embarcadero DB Chang...
Free IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 download (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Please follow the direct link to IBM’s download pages of IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 Click here. Use IBM Installation Manager to select, download, and install only the code, features, or product extensions that you want. Product extensions al...
Don’t miss …
- IBM featured Documents for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- SAP: New DB2 Parameter Check Tool for the DBA Cockpit
- Authorization errors due to changes to the SYSADM authority scope (DB2 V9.7)
- DB2 Basics: Fun with Dates and Times
- DB2 Sample UDFs for Migration
- DB2 10-Minutes-Solutions (DevX)
- DB2 Stored Procedures and UDF’s (Quest)
- Connect to DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows Server and DB2 for z/OS Server: The famous “Connectivity cheat sheet for Application Developers”, part 4 and part 5. These are 2 articles in a series discussing connectivity scenarios involving DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows, DB2 UDB for iSeries and DB2 UDB for z/OS. The focus of this article is on workstation application development connectivity for ADO and ADO.NET applications accessing DB2 using C++, Visual Basic, C#, and Visual Basic .NET languages.