DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
- DB2 10.5
- DB2 10.5 BLU Announcement and DB2 10.5 Connect Announcement
- DB2 10.5 Information Center
- DB2 editions: Which distributed edition of DB2 10.5 is right for you?
- Compare the distributed DB2 10.5 database servers
- Download free IBM DB2 Express-C
- Licensing distributed DB2 10.5 servers in a high availability (HA) environment
- DB2 and IBM’s Processor Value Unit pricing
- DB2 10.1
- Announcement IBM DB2 10.1 and IBM DB2 Connect 10.1 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Products and packages
- DB2 10.1 functions and editions and DB2 Connect 10.1 functions and editions
- What’s new in DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- A matter of time: Temporal data management in DB2 10
- DB2 10: Run Oracle applications on DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows: DB2 10 gives applications developed on Oracle a bear hug with PL/SQL support, and more
- DB2 9.8 - pureScale Feature for Enterprise Server Edition
- DB2 9.7
- Products and packages
- Features and functions on product base, e.g. which product include the compression feature
- Which distributed edition of DB2 9.7 is right for you?
- Compare the distributed DB2 9.7 database servers
- Licensing distributed DB2 9.7 servers in a high availability (HA) environment
- All versions
Documents [site property]
Latest posts for DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
Neuer DB2 Newsletter 2014/01 (german) (last modified 2014-04-02 by Gernot)
For german speaking visitors: Ein neuer IBM DB2 Newsletter steht im Archiv! Themen: Neues in DB2 V10.5, Migration von Row- zu Column-Organized Tabelle, Load Problem, Redirected Restore als Methode der Migration, Von V9.7 nach 10.5, Migration nach ...
New "DB2 administrator's Unix Commands Survival Sheets" available (last modified 2014-03-27 by Gernot)
New document (PDF) "DB2 administrator's Unix Commands Survival Sheets" available: All UNIX commands DB2 administrators know but hardly remember. Covers some Solaris and most of the relevant AIX commands. Also covers some SAP R3 commands for SAP ba...
Loading DB2 z/OS data into DB2 LUW in internal format (last modified 2014-03-27 by Gernot)
Loading data of DB2 z/OS internal format into a DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows database became very easy. Either you use DB2 Connect to connect from any DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows to DB2 for z/OS. But this costs you a separate license fee. For a distinct cla...
SQL playing with user id's (last modified 2014-03-18 by Gernot)
Does your application has to check cerrtain authorzation id's for certain access rights needed? Following SQL shows some ways how to proceed: [crayon-535123408a363521637809/] In this sample the SQL's have to check incoming userid's for having .. ...
db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar JCC JDBC (last modified 2014-03-16 by Gernot)
Accessing DB2 for z/OS or DB2 for iSeries from client on DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows? Do you experience troubles accessing then remote server database? Missing a license file? How to install and custimize? DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for con...
SQL to determine automatic table maintenance Events (last modified 2014-03-13 by Gernot)
Automatic table maintenance work? When? How often? For which tables? These SQL queries will help to clarify questions of this kind. [crayon-535123408ac17399191851/]
Job Scheduling on Windows - White Paper (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The purpose of the white paper is to compare mainframe-based and distributed-based job schedulers and to assess the readiness of Microsoft Windows-based job scheduling technology to manage workloads at the enterprise level. The paper can also help IT...
IBM DB2 Autonomics - A Practical Guide to DB2 Autonomic Features in SAP Environments (last modified 2014-02-13 by Gernot)
This excellent guide describes how autonomic features can help to make database administration as easy and low-cost as possible. The basis for the descriptions and recommendations in this paper is database version DB2 9.7. If there are comma...
General availability (GA) for IBM DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
General Availability (GA) of IBM DB2 software products: (link to annoucement if available): 26.03.2004: DB2 for z/OS V8 16.03.2007: DB2 for z/OS V9.1 22.10.2010: DB2 for z/OS V10.1 31.10.2007: DB2 for LUW V9.5 19.06.2009: DB2 for LUW V9....
End of service (EOS) date for DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
End of Service dates for IBM DB2 products: 30.06.2008: DB2 for OS/390 V7 30.09.2009: DB2 LUW V8.x EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 LUW V9.1 EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 for z/OS V8 30.04.2013: DB2 LUW V9.5 EoS 27.06.2014: DB2 for z/OS V9 30.09.2014: DB2 LU...
Don’t miss …
- IBM featured Documents for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- SAP: New DB2 Parameter Check Tool for the DBA Cockpit
- Authorization errors due to changes to the SYSADM authority scope (DB2 V9.7)
- DB2 Basics: Fun with Dates and Times
- DB2 Sample UDFs for Migration
- DB2 10-Minutes-Solutions (DevX)
- DB2 Stored Procedures and UDF’s (Quest)
- Connect to DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows Server and DB2 for z/OS Server: The famous “Connectivity cheat sheet for Application Developers”, part 4 and part 5. These are 2 articles in a series discussing connectivity scenarios involving DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows, DB2 UDB for iSeries and DB2 UDB for z/OS. The focus of this article is on workstation application development connectivity for ADO and ADO.NET applications accessing DB2 using C++, Visual Basic, C#, and Visual Basic .NET languages.