DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
- DB2 10.1
- Announcement IBM DB2 10.1 and IBM DB2 Connect 10.1 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Products and packages
- DB2 10.1 functions and editions and DB2 Connect 10.1 functions and editions
- What’s new in DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- A matter of time: Temporal data management in DB2 10
- DB2 10: Run Oracle applications on DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows: DB2 10 gives applications developed on Oracle a bear hug with PL/SQL support, and more
- DB2 9.8 - pureScale Feature for Enterprise Server Edition
- DB2 9.7
- Products and packages
- Features and functions on product base, e.g. which product include the compression feature
- Which distributed edition of DB2 9.7 is right for you?
- Compare the distributed DB2 9.7 database servers
- Licensing distributed DB2 9.7 servers in a high availability (HA) environment
- All versions
Documents [site property]
Latest posts for DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows
Avoiding Database REORG Operations in SAP Systems on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Version 10.1 (last modified 2013-11-21 by Gernot)
An excellent SAP document describes how to avoid database REORG operations in SAP Systems operating with DB2 10.1 LUW Techniacal environment: SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and higher on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows (DB2 for LUW) version 10.1 or higher...
Neuer DB2 Newsletter 2013/02 (german) (last modified 2013-11-19 by Gernot)
For german speaking visitors: Ein neuer IBM DB2 Newsletter steht im Archiv! Themen: Was ist neu in DB2 10.5 for Linux/Unix/Windows, Command dbstart nach Übernahme, DB2 Abfrage Optimierung durch OPTIMIZATION GUIDELINES, DB2 Bind Files und Package ...
IBM is announcing the end of support of IBM DB2 9.5 products (last modified 2013-10-01 by Gernot)
IBM is announcing the end of support of selected IBM DB2 and IBM DB2 Connect™ products. Effective April 30, 2015, IBM will withdraw support for the following programs licensed under the IBM International Program License Agreement: [crayon-52a69...
Comparison tools for DB2 databases (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Do you want to compare DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows databases, structures, contents or configurations. Or do you want to compare table data or structures with DB2 for z/OS? Here's list of products which could be useful: Embarcadero DB Chang...
Free IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 download (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Please follow the direct link to IBM’s download pages of IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 Click here. Use IBM Installation Manager to select, download, and install only the code, features, or product extensions that you want. Product extensions al...
IBM DB2 Aktuell 2013 in Ehningen mit Frühbucherrabatt! (german) (last modified 2013-07-25 by Gernot)
Nutzen Sie bereits das volle Wertschöpfungspotential Ihrer DB2 Systeme? Was gibt es Neues in der DB2-Entwicklung und wie können Sie davon bestmöglich profitieren? Die DB2 Aktuell 2013 bietet Ihnen Antworten auf diese Fragen und: Zwei Tage...
IBM Information Management Kurstermine bis Oktober 2012 (last modified 2013-07-22 by Gernot)
IBM Information Management Kurstermine bis Oktober 2012 (Stand 10.01.2012) DB2, Informix, IMS, BigInsight, Optim, solidDB, Guardium, InfoSpher e, Master Data Management, Netezza
SQL1005N The database alias "<name>" already exists (last modified 2013-06-01 by Gernot)
Problem: You want to create a database but DB2 issues the message ... SQL1005N The database alias "<name>" already exists in either the local database directory or system database directory. Reason: The alias name speci...
IBM announced DB2® 10.5 for Linux™ , UNIX™ , and Windows™ (last modified 2013-05-30 by Gernot)
With EMEA annoucement letter ZP13-0262 (april 23rd 2013) IBM has announced "DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration, the multi-workload database software for the era of big data, improves performance while helping to reduce storage costs". New and improv...
IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Barcelona, Spain October 13-18, 2013 (last modified 2013-04-26 by Gernot)
IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Barcelona, Spain 2013 Barcelona, Spain October 13-18, 2013 Call For Presentations: You can submit your abstracts by clicking here. IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Berlin Wrap Up Article: The Conference was a great su...
Don’t miss …
- IBM featured Documents for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- SAP: New DB2 Parameter Check Tool for the DBA Cockpit
- Authorization errors due to changes to the SYSADM authority scope (DB2 V9.7)
- DB2 Basics: Fun with Dates and Times
- DB2 Sample UDFs for Migration
- DB2 10-Minutes-Solutions (DevX)
- DB2 Stored Procedures and UDF’s (Quest)
- Connect to DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows Server and DB2 for z/OS Server: The famous “Connectivity cheat sheet for Application Developers”, part 4 and part 5. These are 2 articles in a series discussing connectivity scenarios involving DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows, DB2 UDB for iSeries and DB2 UDB for z/OS. The focus of this article is on workstation application development connectivity for ADO and ADO.NET applications accessing DB2 using C++, Visual Basic, C#, and Visual Basic .NET languages.