- 19. November 2009 um 9:27 #4060Teilnehmer
do you already know IBM’s new OSC (Optimization Service Center)? It supersedes the old Visual Explain and … it’s still [highlight]free[/highlight].
IBM Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS is a workstation tool for monitoring and tuning the SQL statements that run on DB2 9 for z/OS and DB2 for z/OS Version 8.
- Analyze statements and at the workload level – such as all SQL statements from a particular collection, plan, or package
- Learn about statistics that are missing, inaccurate, or out-of-date and automatically generate specialized RUNTSTAS control statements
- Capture dynamic SQL statements from a DB2 subsystem or data sharing group, and analyze them as a workload, or drill into individual statements for detailed analysis
- Capture runtime information, such as number of executions and CPU time, about statements
- Proactively monitor the health of DB2 9 for z/OS SQL workloads, and receive problem alerts when a statement exceeds exception thresholds
- Format and view SQL statements with statistics annotations and as transformed by the DB2 optimizer
- View EXPLAIN information for individual SQL statements in a graphical format that makes relationships between database objects and operations instantly clear
- Graphically create and deploy plan hints
Enabling a DB2 for z/OS subsystem for IBM Optimization Service Center for DB2 for z/OS: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21358693. You should ask your system administrator for installation and assistence! But: You do not need to apply an SMP/E install. You may even install the DB2 z/OS components directly from your workstation using sysadm authorization.
More product information and download link, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=64&uid=swg27017059
Even if you don’t want to install the OSC, you should take at least a look on online help and documentation.
Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.