hier ein Excerpt aus "DB2 UDB for z/OS Version 8 Performance Topics", selbst nachzulesen unter http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG246465/wwhelp/wwhimpl/java/html/wwhelp.htm.
The summary of the recommendations for static and dynamic cursors is:
– Static scrollable cursors can be the better solution if:
– You need to scroll backwards to obtain initial values
– You do not care about constant changes (such as business intelligence or representative samples).
– Dynamic scrollable cursors can be preferable in situations where:
– It is important for the application to access/see updated/inserted rows
– Performance is important
– Use multi-row operations whenever possible, particularly for the dynamic cursor model.