Data Aging Tools
Data Aging Tools are usually instrument of development or test environments to change the age of test data, to make them younger or older. In particular, data are systematically adjusted to a desired point on the timeline concerning their chronology. Those tools has an ultimate high point of interest with Y2K or the Year 2000 changeover, where structural changes had to be tested on a complete cover of the calendar. But also in these days, those tools are still interesting when transitions, e.g. new month or new year processing, has to be tested. Actually, these are truly no new processes, but occasionally the one or other application or database management system has to be migrated. And then Data Aging Tools are immanent.
Some major software products as an execeprt of an still emerging market of Data Aging Tools:
- DCMS Data Ager Tool (www.dcmsi.com)
- DCMS Date Control System (www.dcmsi.com)
- Compuware Xpediter/Xchange (www.compuware.de)
- Compuware FileAID/Data Solutions (Data Ager) (www.compuware.de)
- CA AllFusion File Age (www.ca.com)
- IBM TicToc IBM Application Time Facility for z/OS
- Princeton Softech’s HourGlass (www.princetonsoftech.com)
- joinIT OS – the reporting and data management modul of joinIT for OS390 / zOS inlcudes data aging functions (http://acayosoft.com/file/joinitos.php)
Comments are closed.