IBM DB2 11 for z/OS Early Support Program starts march 2013
IBMÂ® intends to make DB2 11 for z/OS ( DB2 11) available to a select group of clients in a closed Early Support Program (ESP) on March 8, 2013.
Selected features that deliver these valuable benefits to your business include:
- CPU reductions and performance improvements for certain online transaction processing (OLTP), heavy insert, select query workloads, and when running queries against compressed tables
- Improved-data sharing performance and efficiency
- Improved utility performance and additional zIIP eligible workload
- Cost-effective archiving of warm and cold data with easy access to both within a single query
- Intelligent statistics gathering and advanced optimization technology for efficient query execution in dynamic workloads
- Additional online schema changes that simplify management, reduce the need for planned outages, and minimize the need for REORG
- Productivity improvements for DBAs, application developers, and system administrators
- Efficient real-time scoring within your existing transaction environment
- Enhanced analysis, forecasting, reporting, and presentation capabilities, as well as improved storage management, in QMFâ„¢
- Expanded SQL, SQL PL, temporal, and XML function for better application performance
- Faster migration with application protection from incompatible SQL and XML changes and simpler catalog migration
Read announcement IBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Software Announcement ZP12-0467.
Comments are closed.