neue Features für Intenet of Things und Cloud Processing
Mit Announcement ZP16-0113 vom 4. Oktober 2016 hat IBM die neue Version DB2 12 for z/OS angekündigt., die ab 21.10.2016 verfügbar (GA=general available) ist,
Wie üblich hat IBM am klassischen Potenzial vn DB2 gearbeitet:
- Improvements in support of analytics workloads, including optimized performance and improved zIIP offload in support of in-transaction analytics. Allparallel child task processing is now zIIP eligible.
- Deliver insights faster with up to 50% elapsed query time improvement.
- Improved DB2 Analytics Accelerator performance and expanded query support.
Aber auch die Themen Internet of Things (IoT) und Cloud Processing Themen wurden nicht verachlässigt:
- Support for SQL as a Service (SQLaaS) through RESTful connectivity to your DB2 for z/OS data.
- Support for modernized, multiplatform, automated application deployments using technology such as IBM Urban Code Deploy and z/OSMF, which provide agility and speed to market.
- Enhanced support for cloud and mobile workloads with dramatic scalability improvements for tables, increasing the maximum table size from 16 TB to 4 PB, enabling support for up to 280 trillion rows in a single DB2 table.
- Enhanced support for the next generation of mobile applications through the optimization of syntax that is common to mobile workloads such as OFFSET, SQL PL in triggers, and many other improvements.
- Enhanced load capability that enables cloud and mobile workloads to upload data directly into a table on DB2 z/OS using a new high-performance, low-latency zLOAD API.´li>
- DB2 12 VUE exploits the IBM Cloud Provisioning and Management functionality provided in z/OS V2.2. These z/OS cloud capabilities provide added benefits to simplify and improve configuration and deployment of a number of components of the z/OS software landscape, thereby allowing you to improve the agility, efficiency, and economics of your IT infrastructure. With these added cloud capabilities, DB2 12 VUE supports the following capabilities:
- Rapidly provision environments for workload deployment and release the resources to a shared pool when complete.
- Enable direct access of z/OS computing resources by end users through yourexisting self-service portal or by using IBM’s sample portal.
- Create service catalogs with customizable services that exploit the multitenancy and rapid elasticity of z/OS.
- Invoke these new functions through a web browser-based user interface or through programmable REST interfaces.
- Provision DB2 12 subsystems, as well as other z/OS software subsystems such as IBM CICS (R) Transaction Server for z/OS, IBM IMS TM
for z/OS, IBM MQ for z/OS, and IBM WebSphere (R) Application Server for z/OS.
- Provision known DB2 database schemas by leveraging the IBM DB2 Change Management Solution Pack for z/OS, V1.1 (5655-CH1).´li>
Hier geht’s zum Announcement IBM DB2 12 for z/OS Value Unit Edition expands the value offered to your business by IBM’s industry- leading mainframe data server: https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/877/ENUSZP16-0113/ENUSZP16-0113.PDF