DB2 for z/OS
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for z/OS
- IBM z/OS – News, Announcements und Withdrawls
- IBM Information Management Product Lifecycle Dates
- Make your job easier, learn techniques that work with other customers, and gain valuable knowledge directly from the experts: IBM developerWorks : DB2 for z/OS best practices - everything you need to know, from Version 8, Version 9 to Version 10
- DB2 11 for z/OS
- DB2 10 for z/OS
- DB2 10 for z/OS Announcement
- Willie Favero: Starting to talk about DB2 10 for z/OS
- IBM Systems Magazin: What’s Ahead? DB2 10 leads the industry to minimize complexity and maximize productivity
- Craig Mullins: Deprecated Features Planned for DB2 10 for z/OS
- Roger Miller:
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (presentation)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (redbook)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Performance Topics (redbook)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS:
- Announcement Letter zu DB2 for z/OS Version 9.1
- DB2 V9 for z/OS Performance Preview (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Design your application for DB2 for z/OS V9 (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 for z/OS V9: Utilities Go Online (IBM 11/2006, PPT)
- Leveraging Native XML Support in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Exciting News about LOBs in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- What’s New in DB2 9 for z/OS for Backup and Recovery (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS: Buffer Pool Monitoring and Tuning (IBM, 10/2009, PDF)
Documents (site property)
Latest posts for DB2 for z/OS
"IEB1099I - IEBCOPY is not APF authorized" is issued during execution of stored procedure (last modified 2013-11-20 by Gernot)
Starting in z/OS V1R13, IEBCOPY is no longer APF-authorized. It does not need to be run from an authorized library, and calling programs do not need to be APF-authorized. However, In V1R12 IEBCOPY is APF-authorized. DB2 9 for z/OS and DB2 10 for z...
DSN1SMFP with DB2 11 for z/OS - revival of a dead (last modified 2013-10-10 by Gernot)
In january 2007 the IBM DB2 PTF PK34261/UK20793 introduced DSN1SMFP, a DB2-supplied application for processing DB2 trace data into reports that are useful for evaluating and auditing the DB2 environment for Common Criteria. This is very useful if you...
IBM DB2 11 for z/OS planned GA is October 25, 2013 (last modified 2013-10-01 by Gernot)
IBM published the planned general availability date for IBM DB2 11 for z/OS: October 25, 2013 For more details see IBM EMEA Announcement ZP13-0480, dated October 1, 2013: http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/877/ENUSZP13-0480/ENUSZP13-0480.P...
DB2 10 for z/OS redbooks have been updated (last modified 2013-08-27 by Gernot)
Latest DB2 10 for z/OS redbooks have been updated: DB2 10 for z/OS Performance Topics, last updated 23 Aug 2013 Changed information Correction in 7.5, “Dynamic SQL literal replacement” on page 212 for JCC driver literal support enab...
Comparison tools for DB2 databases (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Do you want to compare DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows databases, structures, contents or configurations. Or do you want to compare table data or structures with DB2 for z/OS? Here's list of products which could be useful: Embarcadero DB Chang...
Free IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 download (last modified 2013-08-01 by Gernot)
Please follow the direct link to IBM’s download pages of IBM Data Studio Client 4.1 Click here. Use IBM Installation Manager to select, download, and install only the code, features, or product extensions that you want. Product extensions al...
IBM DB2 Aktuell 2013 in Ehningen mit Frühbucherrabatt! (german) (last modified 2013-07-25 by Gernot)
Nutzen Sie bereits das volle Wertschöpfungspotential Ihrer DB2 Systeme? Was gibt es Neues in der DB2-Entwicklung und wie können Sie davon bestmöglich profitieren? Die DB2 Aktuell 2013 bietet Ihnen Antworten auf diese Fragen und: Zwei Tage...
IBM Information Management Kurstermine bis Oktober 2012 (last modified 2013-07-22 by Gernot)
IBM Information Management Kurstermine bis Oktober 2012 (Stand 10.01.2012) DB2, Informix, IMS, BigInsight, Optim, solidDB, Guardium, InfoSpher e, Master Data Management, Netezza
REXX procedure to execute DSNACCOX DB2-supplied stored procedure (V10) (last modified 2013-05-30 by Gernot)
DSNACCOX, the successor of DSNACCOR, is a IBM DB2-supplied stored procedure to provide information to maintain DB2 objects. It includes proposals for creating image copyies (COPY), reorganization (REORG) and renewal of statistics (RUNSTATS). This ...
DB2 z/OS SQL check for unused indexes (last modified 2013-05-30 by Gernot)
SQL check for unused indexes! Before dropping indexes, verify that following PTF's are installed. RA10 PSY UK76968 UP12/03/27 P F203 R910 PSY UK76969 UP12/03/27 P F203 If not installed, LASTUSED is not being updated when an index is used to...