DB2 for z/OS
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for z/OS
- IBM z/OS – News, Announcements und Withdrawls
- IBM Information Management Product Lifecycle Dates
- Make your job easier, learn techniques that work with other customers, and gain valuable knowledge directly from the experts: IBM developerWorks : DB2 for z/OS best practices - everything you need to know, from Version 8, Version 9 to Version 10
- DB2 11 for z/OS
- DB2 11 for z/OS Announcement
- Blog article: IBM DB2 11 for z/OS Early Support Program starts march 2013 and DB2 11 for z/OS ESP Announcement Summary
- DB2 11 for z/OS Overview, Michal Bialecki, IBM DB2 for z/OS support/development, IBM Oct. 2013 (PDF)
- DB2 10 for z/OS
- DB2 10 for z/OS Announcement
- Willie Favero: Starting to talk about DB2 10 for z/OS
- IBM Systems Magazin: What’s Ahead? DB2 10 leads the industry to minimize complexity and maximize productivity
- Craig Mullins: Deprecated Features Planned for DB2 10 for z/OS
- Roger Miller:
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (presentation)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (redbook)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Performance Topics (redbook)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS:
- Announcement Letter zu DB2 for z/OS Version 9.1
- DB2 V9 for z/OS Performance Preview (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Design your application for DB2 for z/OS V9 (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 for z/OS V9: Utilities Go Online (IBM 11/2006, PPT)
- Leveraging Native XML Support in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Exciting News about LOBs in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- What’s New in DB2 9 for z/OS for Backup and Recovery (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS: Buffer Pool Monitoring and Tuning (IBM, 10/2009, PDF)
Documents (site property)
Latest posts for DB2 for z/OS
Loading DB2 z/OS data into DB2 LUW in internal format (last modified 2014-03-27 by Gernot)
Loading data of DB2 z/OS internal format into a DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows database became very easy. Either you use DB2 Connect to connect from any DB2 Linux/Unix/Windows to DB2 for z/OS. But this costs you a separate license fee. For a distinct cla...
SQL playing with user id's (last modified 2014-03-18 by Gernot)
Does your application has to check cerrtain authorzation id's for certain access rights needed? Following SQL shows some ways how to proceed: [crayon-534edb9b9c7bd958188721/] In this sample the SQL's have to check incoming userid's for having .. ...
db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar JCC JDBC (last modified 2014-03-16 by Gernot)
Accessing DB2 for z/OS or DB2 for iSeries from client on DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows? Do you experience troubles accessing then remote server database? Missing a license file? How to install and custimize? DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for con...
New document "Extended DB2 DRDA Security" available (last modified 2014-03-13 by Gernot)
Extended DB2 DRDA Security: Managing TCP/IP-based connection requests Prepare requestors for access requests using extended security IPNAMES LOCATION USERNAMES Setting DB2 for z/OS DRDA AR to use encrypted passwords Using ICSF...
Job Scheduling on Windows - White Paper (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The purpose of the white paper is to compare mainframe-based and distributed-based job schedulers and to assess the readiness of Microsoft Windows-based job scheduling technology to manage workloads at the enterprise level. The paper can also help IT...
15th DB2 Symposium 28-30 May 2013, Netherlands (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The DB2 symposium fills the gap between classic conferences and workshops. In classic conferences many topics are covered, but each speaker has only a limited time for each topic. Interaction between speakers and attendees is normally restricted. In ...
SQL functions to convert DEC to HEX value (last modified 2014-02-14 by Gernot)
Do you need to convert decimal value to hexadecimal representation? Then you should try this: [crayon-534edb9b9d014229152116/] Sample data displayed in a GUI (e.g. DbVisualizer): The result is of type VARBINARY. You c...
List of important APAR's for DB2 z/OS (last modified 2014-02-13 by Gernot)
Work File http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM17336 Enhancement of the process for creating Work File table spaces during installation and migration. DB2 9 and 10 for z/OS http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1II1458...
CA Performance Handbook for DB2 for z/OS (last modified 2014-02-06 by Gernot)
The "CA Performance Handbook for DB2 for z/OS" handbook helps DB2 performance tuners to complete the following tasks: Design databases for high performance. Understand how DB2 processes SQL and transactions, and tune those processes for perfo...
New document: DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data (last modified 2014-02-06 by Gernot)
New document published: DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data: With DB2 11 for z/OS user can create archive tables to manage historical data for existing tables that is not often referenced. Read more a...