DB2 for z/OS
Essential information of current versions of DB2 for z/OS
- IBM z/OS – News, Announcements und Withdrawls
- IBM Information Management Product Lifecycle Dates
- Make your job easier, learn techniques that work with other customers, and gain valuable knowledge directly from the experts: IBM developerWorks : DB2 for z/OS best practices - everything you need to know, from Version 8, Version 9 to Version 10
- DB2 11 for z/OS
- DB2 10 for z/OS
- DB2 10 for z/OS Announcement
- Willie Favero: Starting to talk about DB2 10 for z/OS
- IBM Systems Magazin: What’s Ahead? DB2 10 leads the industry to minimize complexity and maximize productivity
- Craig Mullins: Deprecated Features Planned for DB2 10 for z/OS
- Roger Miller:
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (presentation)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview (redbook)
- DB2 10 for z/OS Performance Topics (redbook)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS:
- Announcement Letter zu DB2 for z/OS Version 9.1
- DB2 V9 for z/OS Performance Preview (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Design your application for DB2 for z/OS V9 (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 for z/OS V9: Utilities Go Online (IBM 11/2006, PPT)
- Leveraging Native XML Support in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM 11/2006, PDF)
- Exciting News about LOBs in DB2 9 for z/OS (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- What’s New in DB2 9 for z/OS for Backup and Recovery (IBM, 11/2006, PDF)
- DB2 V9 for z/OS: Buffer Pool Monitoring and Tuning (IBM, 10/2009, PDF)
Documents (site property)
Latest posts for DB2 for z/OS
Job Scheduling on Windows - White Paper (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The purpose of the white paper is to compare mainframe-based and distributed-based job schedulers and to assess the readiness of Microsoft Windows-based job scheduling technology to manage workloads at the enterprise level. The paper can also help IT...
15th DB2 Symposium 28-30 May 2013, Netherlands (last modified 2014-03-01 by Gernot)
The DB2 symposium fills the gap between classic conferences and workshops. In classic conferences many topics are covered, but each speaker has only a limited time for each topic. Interaction between speakers and attendees is normally restricted. In ...
SQL functions to convert DEC to HEX value (last modified 2014-02-14 by Gernot)
Do you need to convert decimal value to hexadecimal representation? Then you should try this: [crayon-531b2ad501f35073520909/] Sample data displayed in a GUI (e.g. DbVisualizer): The result is of type VARBINARY. You c...
List of important APAR's for DB2 z/OS (last modified 2014-02-13 by Gernot)
Work File http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM17336 Enhancement of the process for creating Work File table spaces during installation and migration. DB2 9 and 10 for z/OS http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1II1458...
CA Performance Handbook for DB2 for z/OS (last modified 2014-02-06 by Gernot)
The "CA Performance Handbook for DB2 for z/OS" handbook helps DB2 performance tuners to complete the following tasks: Design databases for high performance. Understand how DB2 processes SQL and transactions, and tune those processes for perfo...
New document: DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data (last modified 2014-02-06 by Gernot)
New document published: DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data DB2 11 for z/OS new way of archiving data: With DB2 11 for z/OS user can create archive tables to manage historical data for existing tables that is not often referenced. Read more a...
DSN1SMFP now supports also DB2 10 for z/OS (last modified 2014-02-04 by Gernot)
DB2 10 for z/OS customers who want a basic tool for evaluating DB2 audit records: PI05578: Enhance DSN1SMFP to support DB2 10 for z/OS: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI05578 For more details on how to use DSN1SMFP, see ...
General availability (GA) for IBM DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
General Availability (GA) of IBM DB2 software products: (link to annoucement if available): 26.03.2004: DB2 for z/OS V8 16.03.2007: DB2 for z/OS V9.1 22.10.2010: DB2 for z/OS V10.1 31.10.2007: DB2 for LUW V9.5 19.06.2009: DB2 for LUW V9....
End of service (EOS) date for DB2 products (last modified 2013-12-10 by Gernot)
End of Service dates for IBM DB2 products: 30.06.2008: DB2 for OS/390 V7 30.09.2009: DB2 LUW V8.x EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 LUW V9.1 EoS 30.04.2012: DB2 for z/OS V8 30.04.2013: DB2 LUW V9.5 EoS 27.06.2014: DB2 for z/OS V9 30.09.2014: DB2 LU...
"IEB1099I - IEBCOPY is not APF authorized" is issued during execution of stored procedure (last modified 2013-11-20 by Gernot)
Starting in z/OS V1R13, IEBCOPY is no longer APF-authorized. It does not need to be run from an authorized library, and calling programs do not need to be APF-authorized. However, In V1R12 IEBCOPY is APF-authorized. DB2 9 for z/OS and DB2 10 for z...